At the end of September in Munich started Oktoberfest 2018 – the largest beer festival in the world , it will be visited by more than 6 million people who drink 7 million liters of beer.. The price of liter mug comes to 13.22 dollars.
By tradition, it opened the mayor of Munich: at noon, after a volley of 12 artillery shells, he tapped with a mallet on the first keg of beer and knocked out her gag with the traditional cry of «O`zapft is!» – translated from the Bavarian dialect as “Open!” but it is perceived by all as “Pour!”.
1. At the opening of the 185th festival of Lord Mayor Dieter Reiter of the Bavarian capital with a special hammer with a second hit drove in the first keg tap with a fresh beer. The number of beats that are required to open a barrel – a topic for discussion. The best result belongs to the former head of Munich, Christian Ude. He was for several years opened the barrel and two strikes. Worst of all was the case with Thomas Wimmer, who took as many as 19 shots in the distant 1950. (Photo Hannes Magerstaedt):
2. The first “Oktoberfest” took place on October 17, 1810. The reason for the national holiday was the wedding of the future King Ludwig I of Bavaria and Princess Therese. On the field, near Munich, which has since become the bride’s name – Theresienwiese, the jumps were built in honor of the newlyweds. Word Wiesen (meadows) was the second name “Oktoberfest”. (Photo by Sean Gallup):
3. Teresa Meadow establish 14 large beer tents, pavilions, each of which can accommodate several thousand visitors. The biggest of them is designed by more than 11 thousand people. Also give more than two dozen small pavilions. The total number of seats at the tables Oktoberfest is around 119 000. (Photo: Matthias Schrader):
4. A total of “Oktoberfest” in Munich, which runs until 7 October, is expected to be six million visitors. (Photo: Matthias Schrader):
5. Waitress Oktoberfest 2017 manage to carry very heavy at a time, as it seems, the number of heavy beer mugs. In each – a liter of beer, and indeed the circle of thick glass weighs decently. On a holiday work, a total of about 13 thousand waiters, bartenders, cooks and other staff. (Photo by Alexandra Beier):
6. Especially for the “Oktoberfest” in Munich brew about 7 million liters of beer. In 1980, visitors of a holiday for two weeks drank 3.8 million liter mugs, in 2017 – already 6.6 million! (Photo by Sean Gallup):
7. (Photo: Andreas Gebert):
8. (Photo by Sean Gallup):
9. The Oktoberfest is known for not only drinking beer, but also a solemn parade, the main participants of which – societies and clubs that support the traditions of the Bavarian national costumes, brass bands, and carts with beer barrels. (Photo by Alexandra Beier):
10. General view of the Oktoberfest 2018. (Photo by Michael Dalder):
11. (Photo: Andreas Gebert):
12. Went through. (Photo: Andreas Gebert):
13. (Photo by Alexandra Beier):
14. (Photo: Andreas Gebert):
15. (Photo by Michael Dalder):
17. There is also a carousel. Oktoberfest is the world’s highest mobile tower simulation freefall. The tower height is 66 meters, and the incidence rate – more than 79 km / h.
It is a family celebration, if not to walk on the beer pavilions. (Photo by Alexandra Beier):